Friday, August 9, 2013

Sprucing up my Classroom Teacher Web-Page

Every August I begin to catch 'Back-to-School' fever. I really do enjoy my summers off, especially now that I have my wonderful little boy (20 months-old) to share them with! Now I feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and full of great ideas to implement for the new school-year!

I took an online PLN (Public Learning Network) workshop this summer and have many new resources for ideas. For my first project, I have begun to update and spruce up my Classroom Teacher Web-Page... and YES, BEFORE school has officially begun! It's nice to get started now because I don't have the added pressure of a zillion projects like I normally do during the school-year, so I've been able to focus better on how I wanted to change things. (This is through TeacherWeb; my school principal pays for this account on a yearly basis, but you can create your own teacher web page for free using Google or another free site.)

Announcements 
I've updated my homepage to include a First Day Back to School and Making Music welcome. I plan on continuing to utilize this home-page-tab to announce anything important throughout the school-year, sort of like a blog... :)

Concerts 
I created this new tab - it's where I'll post the title, date, and practice web-site* for grade-level concerts. Each grade I teach has one concert per year. Typically we have themed concerts- we have so much fun with them! (*I create these pages using Glogster, where you can create posters online and imbed audio, video, images, etc. Here's an example of a first grade concert Glog I've created). These concert links were placed under grade-level tabs in the past, but I thought it would be better to keep them separate now so I can focus on writing grade-level specific items in 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, and 3rd Grade. I would like to spend some time typing up grade-level-specific goals of our curriculum and year-long activities in these areas.

Recorder Karate
I have this tab that I would also like to update and add a little more to, as well. We start recorders in the third grade. They can earn 3 belts per year: 3 in 3rd grade, 3 in 4th, and 3 in 5th.

Links for KIDS! and Links for PARENTS!
I previously had only one tab labeled 'Links.' I thought it would make better sense to divide them into two separate links. I would like to spend a little more time researching more links and adding them to these sections.

About the Teacher
I updated this tab a little more.

Wish ListWhy Music Matters, and Summer Activities
I didn't change (nor do I have plans to change in the near future) the last 3 tabs.


Questions for YOU:
Do you have a classroom teacher web-page? If so, what updates have you made or do you want to make and why? What are some ways you get your students and their parents to visit your web-page on a regular basis?


Let me know what you think!


Roxanne
aka
Mrs. Rene






No comments:

Post a Comment